Yes, we got a horse named Jade...officially Jade Johnson...might be shortened to J.J. or Scott is hoping for Sasha Fierce (Beyonce's alter ego name?) However, I think the kids all love her name Jade just as it is! She is wonderful with the kids and was so sweet tonight when we were visiting and feeding after we moved her to her new home today. She seemed very happy...still adjusting to the other horses and is in a pasture by herself at the moment...she didn't like the other Mare's sniffing her and was being snippy to them but, it usually takes a few days for horses to get use to new homes...kind of like changing schools for kids.We are so hoping for the weather to stay warm as today it was in the 70's. Cailey and Carter turned 5 yesterday and had a huge Birthday Party this morning. More pictures to come on our family blog. We are all looking forward to swimming starting in May but, for the time being I think we have a great new family activity and work ahead of us with our horse.
And Crystal...I think Kelsey saw the movie or wants to see the movie...I honestly can't remember...she isn't allowed to read anymore books from that series though. We miss you and I loved your email to recap everyone because I haven't had time to go read every one's blogs!
And Shelley...we have a recent convert in our ward who is starting a riding program for disabled and abused children...didn't you talk about doing that at one point? I'm looking into become certified as an instructor or volunteer but, it takes about a year to complete. Let me know if you are still interested in doing that?
We miss everyone and like always if anyone wants to come visit we have plenty of room for visitors...and we will even give you a free Horsey ride!
2 comments:
Wow--A horse!!! I knew you wanted one, but didn't think it would be this soon. How very cool. Katie would think she had died and gone to heaven! I'll have to show her the pics.
Yeah, I did therapeutic horseback riding for my first internship and I might do it for my second as well. Go through NARHA to get certified, it's super easy to do, just some online courses and easy horse training. I was going to do it, but didn't really have the time. If I do horse stuff for my big internship, I'll probably do the certification. Let me know how it all goes for you. If you need some amazing stories to convince you to get involved, just let me know!
Post a Comment