Monday, April 28, 2008

Winter, Part Deux


Alicia and I stopped off at the store on the way home from work Friday to stock up on food for the weekend, jesting that we were going to get snowed in ... little did we know the storm that was supposed to breeze through with a quick rain/sleet/snow mix would stall right over Anchorage. It ended up dumping over 17 inches at the airport in less than 24 hours Alicia and I spent all of Saturday snuggled up inside, doing spring cleaning, and watching favorite movies with popcorn w/marshmallows & m&m's. Tasty!

These photos were taken from our front entryway Friday night, about 7PM, about about 10 hours after the snow started falling on bare ground. The rest of last week we saw highs in the 50's. Almost all our snow melted away and the grass was starting to grow. I'd seen tons of moose out and about browsing for new vegetation.

Thankfully, it was a one-day event, and most of it has melted away two days later, but it was a doozy! It gives us enough moisture to clean up in time for all the newcomers - moose calves, relatives coming up for summer employment, and tourists to see our wondrous land!
We'll try to post photos of a few of them in the next few months!

2 comments:

dreamzzdreamer said...

YAAAAY!
love the snow, but can't wait for the greeeeeen of Alaska! <3
can't wait to see yall as well!
And popcorn with marshmellow's and M&M's... mmmmm only had it once since leaving. i should try it once more. =) yum!
LOVE ya!

Camille said...

Wow!!! I can't even imagine that much snow!!! My girls would love to play in something like that!! Heck, I would too!! LOL!! But, only for a day! ; ) Man, you guys are having snow, and we are having 95 degree weather!!! Crazy!!