I would like to know everyones feelings of having an additional privacy settings on the blog? It has been brought to my attention that some concern was raised about family happenings being posted on the internet.
As is stands now the only way to view the blog is if you have the link to the blog. It can not be searched on search engines. Only those that are assigned to this blog can post on it. I haven't felt the need to put an additional privacy setting on the blog as that just makes it more difficult to use but, I would like to know others thoughts?
I personally have found the blog to be helpful in all of us comunicating and an easy way to share what is going on in all of our lives. Of course we each decide what we want others to know. The reason for starting the blog was to help communicate and bring family closer. I hope you all have felt that way! I have! I would like to encourage more blogging as I don't really think we have even begun to utilitze this tool as a way to communicate. I love seeing pictures and think this a great way to keep a family journal for family history. We can have it printed out every year and it can be a fun family history project to create. So, again i would love to hear your comments.
5 comments:
If i dont' want someone to read something from all over the world then I will just not post it. And I think tah tit is up to each person who posts to do the same. ALTHOUGH if you are thinking of posting something that talks about someone else i woudl suggest you check with that person first so as not to humiliate or make feel bad. I know shellys sister look at this site at times, or the one that shelly started for us. So others do look at it but i think it is up to our selves to watch what we put on.
I can see the 'other' person's point in being worried about posting on something that is a little more private. But, mostly I agree with David. If I don't want 'other's' to read it, then I wouldn't post it. But, if by making this site "private" gets more family members on here, then I don't see why not. It really doesn't bother me. Also, Stacey, I'm not able to find your knew family blog. Can you send me an invite to it? Thanks!
Scott and Stacey's new family blog address is sskmcck at blogspot.com. We wanted to remove our full names from the web address. I'm going to leave it this blog how it is for now...since we are about the only ones that post on it!
I still can't find it. I put your name in and nothing comes up.
I was wrong Shelly's sister only looks at OUR's not teh family one. Sorry
Post a Comment