Saturday, July 19, 2008

Was I really?

Was I really the last one to leave a post on the family blog? How did a whole entire month pass by with out a single blog from somebody else? Yes, I understand that folks are busy, let me tell you i know busy. ;) Thought I'd give a slight update for what I've been doing lately.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Sleep... for about 3-4 hours.
Eat.
Work.
Work.
Drive.
collapse!

=)
It's been especially crazy for me the last two weeks, well weekends in specific. Due to the long 4th of July weekend, the theater wanted everybody who could work, to work, and asked for overtime. Strangely enough they under-estimated for the wednesday and thursday before the 4th and thus asked those who were working to stay longer, and tried calling in reinforcments.

Then, for this weekend we have The Dark Knight [the 2nd Batman Movie - the first being Batman Begins] that came out, a movie that on it's own would have garnered amazing interest and gross, but due to the untimely death of Heath Ledger and the fact that this movie was his last there is an even larger interest, and so this weekend has been a MAD HOUSE at the theater. Extra workers/the maintenance crew were called in and working ALL night long, for once we even had a crew just to clean the bathrooms and keep up the front of the lobby. Let me tell you I did NOT miss having to do those [30-45 minute long] bathroom checks all night long. =) The crazy part of the whole weekend is that it's supposed to get busier for tonite, and Sunday as well, and THEN my favorite part of the whole night: the LINES!

Lines are snaking around the whole entire theater like I never would have believed. If only i could draw a diagram of the theater just to show how the crazy lines start from the entry of the theater, wind along the walls around multiple corners 2-3 people wide, with the whole of the line reaching from the side entry of the lobby, all the way around back to the other side of the side lobby entry. Cra-ZY!

I'm also surprised that I haven't lost my voice between all the talking/yelling that I do for Holland America and the theater. Who doesn't love yelling at 50+ year olds, many with [or with out but in dire need of] hearing aids that they need to get on a specific coach for their tour [and if they miss it, then they get to karaoke with me ;)]. Only to then going from that to yelling at loud, rowdy teens and multiple others that they need to STAY IN LINE!, hang on to their tickets and make sure there are no empty seats. I sure love it

There was a specific showing last night [the 11:05 in specific] that I was on the podium checking and tearing tickets when guests started arriving to sit in line [these folks are showing up almost 2+ hours before the movie starts just to sit in line for great seats... dedication!], then from there I did a quick announcment listing all the things they needed to remember. Then after cleaning a small theater, restocking paper towels in the restroom and just re-checking on the mile long line for the theater, I helped clean the theater that the huge line was going into. After cleaning, I was standing at the front of the line[with another worker], checking tickets for a second time, sprouting off random instructions and exclamations of happiness.
After all was said and done with that theater getting through the line, a co-worker joked that they wondered if the guests really had followed my instructions. So of course I had to be a silly nerd and go into the theater itself [and it holds around 400 people... woah!] and shout out once again how they needed to move ALL the way into the center of the rows and that yes, I can see those empty seats, and if I come in and see people sitting on the floors and stairs [has I had for multiple other shows during the night] that I would not hold back on kicking them out, or making people move over to give them seats. All in all, I think that the guests for that 11:05 showing of The Dark Knight and I bonded in a way no other movie or showing ever could. ;)

So as one can tell from my silly stories [written while greatly sleep deprived] I've been keeping quite busy with jobs, roadtrips to Denali, and the attmpted, laundering of uniforms.

hopefully I'll be able to get more up soon about other things such as my road trip, and soon enough some pictures taken with my, can you believe it, brand new purple digital camera. yay!

Hope that everybody is doing well and enjoying their summers. LOVE yall and cannot wait to see yall come the beginning to end of fall!
.:crystal:.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Hooray!! It was great to get an update from you!!! I know, I am actually going to be doing a post on here sometime today or tomorrow!! Again, good to hear from you!!

Heather said...

Sounds like you are quite the one-woman show!!! I hope they pay you well :). What's the address of your personal blog? I can't remember. Hope all continues to go well. I love your posts!

dreamzzdreamer said...

woo hoo! i was surprised to see comments when i jumped on during work.
They totally underpay, but supposedly the free movies make up for it. except, who actually has enough time to see the movies, i know that I sure don't.
My personal blog address is www.dreamzzdreamer.blogspot.com
happy writing!